Thursday, April 21, 2011

Revised piece from class

My item
The item that I choose to talk about is my sword. I choose this item because it is something I had to pay for myself and come on it’s a sword. Now I decided to buy the sword when I suddenly got a little obsessed over cartoons from Japan like anime shows and I've always thought that swords were cool, but I never had enough money to get one of my own. The sword that I got is a sasuke uchiha sword which is made out of black steel and is 38 inches long. Now I know that I can’t just carry my sword around with me and start slashing people up, but it’s a nice thought to have when I know I bought it with my own money and it pays off. What I mean by this is that the sword is pretty heavy, not to hold but to swing around so the more I “play” with it the more of a workout it becomes in a way. The sword has somewhat of a special type of meaning to me for the fact that every kid at a young age watches the cartoons and wants to play hero but when do we actually have a chance to do so? Well I think with the right stuff anyone can play the hero. Adults say leave it to the cops let them handle it. Why? Why wait around for the cops to do research and look into everything and then maybe find the person who did wrong? Why not if you see something serious going on outside like, someone has a gun or someone has a knife, then why don’t we go out there and take care of business instead of calling the cops or better yet call the cops tell them where to be go, take care of it yourself so then by the time they get there all they have to do is arrest the person. If you think about it if someone has a knife and you pull out a sword…..hmmm I wonder what’ll happen. Now what happens if the person has a gun, well you could always try the sneak attack, or if you had them throw one of the two pair of sai, that way it throws them off guard and you can run up to him and chop off his arm. Now all this probably sounds fake or not being realistic but in my own perspective it is possible and can be done so why not? The only thing holding people back ever is that they’re all afraid of death or themselves dyeing in general. If you don’t have that fear like me then this would be the greatest thing in the world because quite frankly it’d be fun. I think that this is why my sword is so important to me because it makes me feel that I finally don’t have to be like everyone else, and I can actually make a difference for the good of not just mankind but human kind in general.

2 comments:

  1. What first got you interested in swords?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well since I love being a nerd I first got interested in swords from watching naruto

    ReplyDelete